Tales from the Kitchen

Kitchen table discussions with recipes and ideas for shopping on a budget, cooking for a family, meal planning.

My Photo
Name:

I'm happily married, mom to four boys and four girls at home, with one in the presence of God. We are slowly working on raising our own food and making much of what we need. I knit, cook, read, pray, think, write, crochet, and I'm trying to sew, too.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Mother's Day Cooking

Other mothers may wish for a break from cooking on Mother's Day, but not I. I spent today cooking both for our family picnic and for a church brunch. How else can I guarantee that I will get the food I like? All I care is that I don't have to do the dishes.

At our brunch after church, the fathers and children will be serving us ladies and cleaning up. That is just how I like it. For the brunch, I've made a banana nut bread and two sticky chickens. Our family celebration will be homemade croissants, the dough is rising in the fridge as I type, that church potluck crunchy slaw with the ramen noodles and sesame seeds and nuts, grilled chicken tenderloins (which is marinating in the fridge), and a chocolate, coffee, caramel, banana pie. With whipped cream.

Don't you wish I was your mother?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa W said...

Mmm, that sounds fabulous! Do you share the homemade croissant recipe?

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 12:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home