Tales from the Kitchen

Kitchen table discussions with recipes and ideas for shopping on a budget, cooking for a family, meal planning.

My Photo
Name:

Happily married mother of eight, Arab-American knitwear designer who also dabbles in other crafts and loves to cook.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Mother's Day Cooking

Other mothers may wish for a break from cooking on Mother's Day, but not I. I spent today cooking both for our family picnic and for a church brunch. How else can I guarantee that I will get the food I like? All I care is that I don't have to do the dishes.

At our brunch after church, the fathers and children will be serving us ladies and cleaning up. That is just how I like it. For the brunch, I've made a banana nut bread and two sticky chickens. Our family celebration will be homemade croissants, the dough is rising in the fridge as I type, that church potluck crunchy slaw with the ramen noodles and sesame seeds and nuts, grilled chicken tenderloins (which is marinating in the fridge), and a chocolate, coffee, caramel, banana pie. With whipped cream.

Don't you wish I was your mother?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home