Tales from the Kitchen

Kitchen table discussions with recipes and ideas for shopping on a budget, cooking for a family, meal planning.

My Photo
Name:

Happily married mother of eight, Arab-American knitwear designer who also dabbles in other crafts and loves to cook.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Preschool Snacks

This month's colors are black and white. Today was Dominic's final turn at being the child of the day. So, what did I do last night? I made oreos:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The class loved them. He asked me to make ants on a log as well, and I did, even though the kids rebelled and told him they didn't like his mother's food the last time I made them for the class. Whatever, it was his day, and he wanted them. I just made fewer. He and the two other well behaved, good mannered children in the class whose mothers have made them wholesome food at home and taught them to eat what is given them without complaint could eat them if the other children didn't.

I added a large pitcher of pink lemonade and snack it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home