Tales from the Kitchen

Kitchen table discussions with recipes and ideas for shopping on a budget, cooking for a family, meal planning.

My Photo
Name:

Happily married mother of eight, Arab-American knitwear designer who also dabbles in other crafts and loves to cook.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Rice Crispy Computer

Friday morning, while trying to renew some books on the library website, my computer went crackle, crackle pop! And died. No snap, but the tube in the monitor seems to be completely gone and the power source has a short in it. I have a temporary computer while we try to fix the power source and get me a new (to me) computer. It looks like we have a good source for one that we can get this weekend or next week. I won't be posting as much, and no photos for a little while.

The church camp out is coming up, though, and I will post as much about the food for that as I can. I have already made a cranberry keeping cake, will be making chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, molasses cookies, coconut jumbles, brownies, oatmeal cookies, almond puff pastry, cornbread, potato salad, pasta sauce, and probably something else to bring with us.

When I get the computer thing dealt with, I will post photos from camp as soon as I can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte said...

Hey, Ranee! Sorry to hear about your computer, just as you got into the fun world of food blogging. Those oreos looked yummy.

See you when you get back! (My food blog is at http://loveandcooking.blogspot.com and I have been making some of your stuff lately.)

If I happen to be going by your cathedral when I am tooling around SC (my brudder lives there, and his office is on ECR) I will wave hi.

Charlotte (from RFC)

Monday, May 30, 2005 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Ranee @ Arabian Knits said...

Thank you for your kind words, Charlotte! I went to visit your blog and enjoyed it quite a bit!

Monday, June 06, 2005 1:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home