Tales from the Kitchen

Kitchen table discussions with recipes and ideas for shopping on a budget, cooking for a family, meal planning.

My Photo
Name:

I'm happily married, mom to four boys and four girls at home, with one in the presence of God. We are slowly working on raising our own food and making much of what we need. I knit, cook, read, pray, think, write, crochet, and I'm trying to sew, too.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Perfect Iced Tea for a Crowd

I like to use flavored teas, like ginger peach or plum, but plain tea is fine. I also like the tea pre-sweetened, you can leave out the sugar if you don't.

4 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
12 tea bags
12 cups cold water

Bring 4 1/2 cups water and sugar to a boil. Add tea bags and remove from heat. Allow to steep for 15 minutes. Remove tea bags without pressing them (to prevent bitterness). Pour into a pitcher that will hold a gallon or more, and add cold water. Allow to cool at room temperature, then refrigerate until cold. Serve over ice, with mint sprigs and lemon wedges as garnish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home