Tales from the Kitchen

Kitchen table discussions with recipes and ideas for shopping on a budget, cooking for a family, meal planning.

My Photo
Name:

Happily married mother of eight, Arab-American knitwear designer who also dabbles in other crafts and loves to cook.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Moroccan Style Chicken & Peach Upside Down Cake

Recently, I made the Lemony Moroccan-Style Chicken Kebabs from the July Fine Cooking. Well, we didn't make kebabs, we just marinated chicken breasts in the marinade and grilled them. I used the same amount of lemon juice, but reduced the lemon skins by half, we didn't have any marjoram, so I used oregano. Served it with laban bi chiyar, grilled zucchini planks and cous cous: sauté a finely diced onion in olive oil, add chicken broth, bring to a boil, toss in the cous cous, a pat of butter, reduce heat and cover, steam for a few minutes, toss in fresh ground pepper, finely chopped parsley and toasted pine nuts. Everyone enjoyed it immensely, I might try it with the whole amount of lemon skin next time, but this seemed pretty good to us.

Last night we held youth group again, and two members had recently had a birthday, so I made birthday cake. We had a ton of peaches, so I made a peach upside down cake. It was incredible! The kids liked it so much that they all came in the kitchen to help me make another one. Which we ate with fresh whipped cream, lightly sweetened and flavored with vanilla. Heavenly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home