Tales from the Kitchen

Kitchen table discussions with recipes and ideas for shopping on a budget, cooking for a family, meal planning.

My Photo
Name:

Happily married mother of eight, Arab-American knitwear designer who also dabbles in other crafts and loves to cook.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Menu Planning

I am trying to get back on track with menu planning for the week (I usually do it for two weeks). So, today I sat down with the grocery circulars and after checking our freezer inventory and our pantry, made up a plan to take us into next week's ads.

Tonight:

Roast Turkey Breast
Green Beans (probably roasted in olive oil with salt, pepper and garlic)
Wild Rice Dressing
Bourbon Gravy

Friday:

Black and White Soup with Red Pepper Cream
Spinach Salad with Fried Mozzarella
Olive Oil Bread with Roasted Pepper Anti-pasti from a Jar

Saturday:

Chinese Take Out

Sunday:

Lemony Moroccan Style Chicken Kebabs from Fine Cooking
Laban bi Chiyar (Cucumber Yogurt Salad)
Cous Cous
Grilled Zucchini

Monday:

Orange Marinated Pork
Chinese Buffet Style Green Beans (we have a lot of green beans)
White Rice

Tuesday:

Ham and Cheese Bread Pudding with Peas

I don't know what we're doing from Wednesday on, but it largely depends on the vegetables on sale next week.

Someone out there requested the recipe I used for croissants for Mother's Day. I don't remember if I ever replied. I use the bread machine recipe from Rustic European Breads from Your Bread Machine and have never had any trouble. Although, I do leave off the egg wash, as that really makes them stick to the pan.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie O. said...

I also try to plan my menus but only a week at a time. I love reading yours!

Monday, July 11, 2005 11:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home