Tales from the Kitchen

Kitchen table discussions with recipes and ideas for shopping on a budget, cooking for a family, meal planning.

My Photo
Name:

Happily married mother of eight, Arab-American knitwear designer who also dabbles in other crafts and loves to cook.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

English Muffin Bread for the Bread Machine

After much fiddling around with the recipe I was given, this is what seems to work the best.

3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons yeast
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Run on large/normal cycle.

5 Comments:

Blogger Walter Jeffries said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Years!

-Walter & Family
Sugar Mountain Farm
in Vermont

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 9:54:00 AM  
Blogger tallycast said...

This has become a regular at my house. It's delish! I sometimes add a few sesame seeds.

Friday, February 20, 2009 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger Мария Копацкая said...

It is very strange as for me that you use baking soda and yeast together - usual we use only one of them. But I have to try this recipe! ;)

Maria from Ukraine ;)

Friday, April 10, 2009 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just made this bread for the first time in my new bread machine. OMG it is wonderful! Thank you for the recipe. Does the top of yours usually fall as it starts to bake? It doesn't look so pretty, but it tastes wonderful, so I don't really care, but thought I'd ask.

Monday, January 03, 2011 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger Ranee @ Arabian Knits said...

Mine doesn't sink, but it's usually pretty flat. I'm not sure if that's what you mean.

Saturday, January 08, 2011 8:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home