Tales from the Kitchen

Kitchen table discussions with recipes and ideas for shopping on a budget, cooking for a family, meal planning.

My Photo
Name:

Happily married mother of eight, Arab-American knitwear designer who also dabbles in other crafts and loves to cook.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Blackberries!

Last night, Rich and I stayed up until 1:00 am making blackberry-lime and blackberry-peach jam. Tonight, we will be getting the juice ready for blackberry syrup (spiced and plain) and tomorrow blackberry vinegar. I've not put up too many jars this year. Usually, I have over a hundred by now, and I only have 40, including the Jumble Jam, Rhubarb Chutney and Bread and Butter Pickles. I plan on making Peach Chutney, Peach Butter, Peach Jelly, Peach Habanero Jelly, Peach Melba Dessert Sauce, Raspberry Syrup, Raspberry Preserves, Crabapple Jelly, Cranberry Chutney, Red Rosemary Jelly, and Corn Relish. We didn't put in a garden this year, so there will be no tomato preserves of any kind, no dill pickles, unless we find pickling cucumbers very inexpensively, no pumpkin preserves. When pears come into season, I may make some Pear Butter, and Ginger Pear Preserves, and put up some Vanilla Pears, but we'll see how much I am able to do when school gets going.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ranee @ Arabian Knits said...

Probably can't travel, but I'll let you eat with us here! Bring the family. :)

Monday, August 15, 2005 11:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home